Sunday 25 November 2018

One thing where I am proud not to be a minimalist

I am a self confessed minimalist, an underbuyer, and a naturally non-stuff oriented person.

But one thing that I have an abundance of, the one pile that I am happy to say is ever growing, bigger, deeper, richer, and stronger is my group of friends. One has to be very very fortunate to have great friendships in one's life, and I am definitely a blessed one in this regard. My husband and I have a joint account with regards to friends. Over time, most of his friends, and their spouses have become my friends too, and vice-versa. 

Needless to say, our weekends are busy. Either we are visiting someone or we are hosting some friends at our place. And the best part is none of these meetings are fancy. We cook as usual, just some extra portions, and everyone feels at home. The focus is only on spending quality time with each other. And there is always so much to talk - kids, money matters, ageing parents, health issues, travel plans, ideas for the future, regrets of the past, and the list goes on.

It does not matter how big the home is, there is always space if the heart is big enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment